Facilities Engineering Co-Op
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Facility Project Co-Op provides project management and set up support for the Carson City plant and is responsible for reliability improvement, productivity improvement, and process development projects as assigned. This is a hands-on position that will require someone to participate in projects.
- Assist with developing projects:
- Source parts
- Source vendors
- Build relationships with key decision makers and equipment suppliers. Act as a liaison and point of contact for all project resources (Supplier rs, Quality, Production, Engineering, Sourcing, etc.).
- Coordinate with Sourcing while creating requests for quotes.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to determine specifications and acceptance testing for capital investments.
- Manage suppliers and contractors ensuring schedules & budgets are maintained.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide open and clear communication between suppliers & team internally. This communication is to be aimed at identifying obstacles to success and developing a plan to address those issues. Communication should also ensure all parties (internal/external) are aware of these obstacles.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner to all levels of staff.
- Assesses project issues and facilitates integrated team solutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals.
- Recommends modifications to improve reliability and productivity within the plant.
- Works with management to develop solutions to recurring problems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and or Solid Works
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
- Ability to manage projects with competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously