Value Stream Manager
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Avibank has integrated teams working together to respond to customers needs from conception to development to product integration. Avibank is dedicated to continuous process improvement within and outside the PCC Corporation. Avibank and the PCC organization build customer alliances upon the highest ethical standards.
Avibank is a major supplier to commercial airlines with Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) from the FAA. We supply products used in a variety of applications in a diverse range of industries including aircraft, aerospace, automotive, marine, communications, railway, computers, medical equipment, and many others.
The Value Stream Manager is responsible for the Manufacturing operations with business scope of complexity, as defined by key internal customers, Corporate metrics, and Segment deliverables. This position accomplishes objectives through leading a multi-disciplined team to achieve operational excellence in support of company visions and strategies, including On-Time Delivery, Delivered Quality, Productivity, Continuous improvement, and driving performance success across the organizational unit. Meets specific requirements related to EH&S, Quality, budgets, and 6S Workplace Organization. Prepares employees and work groups to meet future requirements through employee development activities (e.g. training, talent amplification, education, certification, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews Planning and assign production responsibilities (e.g. build plans and dispatch reports) to Operation Supervisors to ensure that all jobs are completed in a matter that satisfies requirements
- Reviews production and operating reports (e.g. TOC, Flex, etc.) and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance issues to minimize costs and operational delays
- Ensures TPM machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensures that proper tooling is available for all production machines and product lines; or that material is on hand for the creation or modification of necessary jigs and tooling.
- Manages direct reports (Operations Supervisors) with their development while providing Leadership and guidance as they supervise/direct the Employee workforce population; serves as the Supervisors immediate backup with regard to Time & Attendance system daily/weekly deliverables
- Partners with Human Resources in navigating Employee Relations issues; partners with EH&S in 5Y Safety incident investigations as well as strict adherence to Cardinal Rules of Safety and incident communications
- Ensures that the department(s) has adequate resources to perform assigned tasks and reinforces adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Maintains a safe work environment; ensures that 6S Workplace Organization reach/exceed/maintain optimal grading standards; ensures that tools/equipment meet safety requirements; leads trend and root cause analysis
- Promotes, encourages and leads employees towards a continuous improvement culture, Leads the implementation of Lean Six Sigma & Pipeline project initiatives
- Coordinates with Finance, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and other departments to ensure that schedules and budgets are met and discrepancies resolved
- Maintains and develops awareness of best practices across the company and manufacturing industry while encouraging innovation in an proactive effort to grow the business
- Partners with Sales/Marketing Director in meeting with customers periodically in an effort to better improve efficiency of meeting their expectations as well as to expand product base
- Additional duties/expectations may be assigned as they are associated with Manufacturing improvements and business growth
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Math, or Science) from an accredited institution or equivalent is required
- 5 years of direct experience in Aerospace industry or related equivalent in a high volume complex manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Minimum of 1 year driving of Six Sigma and/or Lean Continuous Improvement experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR); All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Six Sigma Black Belt certifications are a plus