Accounting and Finance Co-op Program
The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Find out what it’s like to work with our team in our fast-paced, dynamic work environment through a variety of internship and cooperative program opportunities. This is your chance to gain invaluable on-the-job experience while getting an introduction to our collaborative and exciting culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Assignments will include exposure to all accounting functions: A/P, A/R, auditing, and various tasks to support department operations.The student will:
- Apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Attend regular departmental meeting.
- Attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
- Perform or review systems analysis, testing and documentation for existing processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate with peers, project team members and other departments on a regular basis.
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis on finance or accounting
- Demonstrated results-driven leadership
- Critical problem analysis, decision making and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or permanent resident
· Multiple positions are available in various US locations – must be able to relocate
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), a Berkshire Hathaway company, manufactures world-class complex metal components and products; serving the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC has more than 150 manufacturing facilities worldwide, with over 100 located in the US. Numerous career paths are available within PCC as a result of our extraordinary growth and market leverage.
Students with a passion for leadership and who are seeking a great career in a fast-paced, growing organization are encouraged to apply.
We firmly believe that our strength lies in our people. We build our team with strong leaders who enjoy the everyday challenge of making an impact on the bottom line. Our employees are given unparalleled opportunities to build their careers and capabilities – career growth at PCC is directly linked to an individual’s ability to drive the company to new levels of performance. The path you choose is based on your education, experience and passion.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.