Supply Chain Manager
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Since the early days of aviation, PCC has worked closely with our customers to develop and specify the best fasteners for their applications. We’ve created new materials, designs, and manufacturing practices to satisfy an ever changing industry. Today we manufacture nearly every fastener type used in the aerospace industry - all with the careful monitoring and control of specific manufacturing practices and thorough product testing that have been our hallmark.
Located in Gardena, California, Permaswage designs and manufactures separable and permanent fluid fittings and installation tooling for aerospace and defense applications.
responsible for overall development and performance of the Supply Chain Function, including
Purchasing and Scheduling. As a Leader in the organization, this individual
will be responsible for driving and implementing strategy while developing a
strong team culture in the Supply Chain Organization.
- Lead, develop and coach the site Supply Chain function which includes buying, scheduling, production control and warehouse and logistics for the Permaswage, Gardena facility. Leverage spend for relative commodities across all of PCC via coordination with Division leadership.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic suppliers and act as the lead on all site bids.
- Strategic development of all aspects of the materials supply chain. This includes negotiations & contract development, qualifications, delivered quality and establishing performance standards for new and existing suppliers.
- Support site inventory management objectives thru the optimization of physical inventory storage both on and offsite, cycle counting & physical inventory, proper inventory service levels and minimization of excess & obsolescence.
- Lead the Sales and Operations Planning process for the site. Maximize on-time delivery. Maximize internal PC production capacity. Manage backlog, inventory and forecast data and analysis.
- Support New Product & Market introductions through joint partnerships with customer and supplier collaborations
- Develop and utilize metrics to drive continuous improvements of on time delivery, inventory management and vendor service levels.
- Own Master Schedule based on sales plans for short- and long-term planning, to support contract requirements; create/maintain databases/files.
- Improve processes and lead system enhancements to fully utilize MRP capabilities for Order Management, Inventory, Sourcing and MRP.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic suppliers on key commodities.
- Support PCC supply chain goals and initiatives as directed.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 4-5 years of related experience; 3+ years in a leadership role
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, costs and sources of supply for aerospace structure products
- Understand/use techniques for effective control of delivered quality, cost, and schedule in the manufacture of Primus products
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership and teaming; and production methods
- Consider costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Must be a proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
- Must be able to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar, particularly as it relates to contracts and/or purchasing agreements
- Ability to draw on extensive experience and judgment to conduct make/buy sourcing and supply chain analyses based on RFQ and engineering documentation
- Able to keep team members well informed and to draw on other's expertise when required
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job