Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
PCC San Leandro specializes in air and vacuum investment cast components for aerospace, energy and commercial applications. With over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space located in the east Bay Area of California, San Leandro’s renowned engineering services and superior capabilities have resulted in significant growth for the plant.
Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer participates in the sustainment of the Quality Assurance program designed to meet all customer and third-party requirements, as well as internal operating goals established by plant management. The Program consists of establishing and managing appropriate measures for all elements of the quality management system within all departments. This includes establishing auditing procedures and frequency to ensure conformance and compliance. The Program will also identify trends and implement preventative and corrective actions. In addition, areas of loss resulting from rework, scrap or other related operations will be identified for corrective action.
- Review drawings and related specifications for new and legacy customer programs. Inform Engineering of applicable quality requirements to ensure conformance of first articles and subsequent production. Direct the preparation of the Inspection Method Sheet and other customer required documentation to ensure timely customer approval of the First Article Inspection Report.
- Manage individual customer self-release programs, including procedure preparation and maintenance, purchase order/control review, inspection of parts for conformance to requirements, direct communication with customer representatives, and handling any customer claims/returns.
- Investigate quality claims from customers and establish appropriate corrective actions by working with Engineering and Operations departments.
- Assist the Quality Manager in conducting plant surveys and audits, as required by customers.
- Assist at meetings in determining appropriate rework or repair methods, as may be required.
- Perform other duties of equal or less complexity, as assigned or directed by plant management.
- Must know and follow all company and departmental safety, compliance, and regulatory rules.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related discipline (S.T.E.M.)
- 4-6 years of related Quality experience, Aerospace desirable
- Knowledge of investment casting processes, quality assurance methods, and inspection techniques
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and process specifications
- Knowledge and use of advanced shop mathematics and quality control statistics
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently and effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with advanced proficiency in MS Excel
This requisition is closed to applications.