Split shift, Gauge Lab Technician
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction
- Perform advanced mechanical inspections
- Drives Safety, Quality, 6S and Delivery metrics
- Prepares production for upcoming audits internally and externally
- Manages corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned
- The ability to read and write English
- General understanding of metrology standards and processes
- Advanced knowledge of inspection processes
- Advanced shop math & blue print reading
- General understanding of GD&T
- Experience with AS9100 preparation
- Typically 3+ Years
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
This requisition is closed to applications.