Accounts Receivable Specialist
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Responsible for all customer billing for two sites.
- Responsible for the investigation of A/R issues, as well as the follow-up and follow-through on problems and/or on management questions.
- Review all past due A/R and pursue collection from customers. Report status to Accounting Manager on a weekly basis.
- Process and post all A/R transactions in Visual.
- Assists in month-end closing process including GL verification and reconciliation, expense tracking, and month-end accruals.
- Responsible for reporting related to Finance Quarterly Reports (FQR), Management Operations Reports (MOR), ad-hoc requirements, or any future A/R related standard reporting as defined by management.
- Responsible for reconciliations per the timeline and reconciliation templates as defined by management.
- Responsible for keeping Accounting Manager up-to-date on A/R matters.
- Will support physical inventory via count, audit, data entry activities.
- Overtime during the week or occasional weekend work may be required to achieve monthly/quarterly close or to support other business requirements.
- Supports Accounting Manager in any and all audit activities.
- Create and maintain all receivable physical and electronic files and systems per PCC policy.
- Maintain good communication with customers and employees.
- Serves as backup Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Required to follow all safety requirements defined by the plant in which one is working or visiting.
- All duties will be performed in accordance with the signature and documentation requirements per SOX.
- Maintains a positive attitude and willingness to maintain and explain SOX documentation.
- Completes housekeeping around work areas as assigned.
- Performs other accounting-related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (AA) from two-year College or business school or equivalent of five plus years of accounting, A/R experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Excel, and other Office applications as well as ERP financial interface. Visual system experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with other functions; team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Basic General Ledger Accounting knowledge. For example, debit memos, credit memos, impacts to financial statements.
- Teaming – Can work within an Accounting team. Ask for support when needed to complete scope of work in a timely manner. Willing to provide support to Accounting team as requested to achieve a team deliverable in a timely manner.
- Work with a sense of Ownership – Own the scope of work assigned. Plan daily work. Ask for guidance and help as needed.
- Work with a sense of Urgency – Plan work to deadlines to ensure timely customer billings.
- Work with a sense of Planning – Will identify critical input to the Accounts Receivable process and work to obtain inputs on schedule and per policy.
- Accurate data entry – supports A/R activity and the inventory count, or inventory count data entry activity.
- Excel – can create spreadsheets of data if required to do so. Ability to create and manipulate pivot tables is a plus but not required.
- Computer Systems – experience entering data to an Accounts Receivable system. Knowledge of Visual and M1 is a plus but not required.
- Attention to detail - ability to read, understand, and apply company policy to the Accounts Receivable.
- Self-Audit – Can objectively review one’s own work and processes to find efficiency and improvements.
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley): previous experience supporting SOX compliance for Accounts Receivable is preferred but not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, sit; use hand and fingers to perform keyboard like functions. Normal or corrected vision and hearing is required. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to grab, grip or hold, reach overhead, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.