Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Create solid models and CNC programs using GibbsCAM, and production sketch sheets using SolidWorks.
- Fanuc, Yasnac, Siemens controls.
- 3, 4, 5 axis Mills---2, 3 axis Lathes
- Program new and existing parts efficiently using available resources (drawings and e-files).
- Program, test/validate control systems
- Project leader for smaller plant projects from initiation through to completion.
- Provide technical instruction, training, documentation and guidance to production personnel to ensure a successful launch for production.
- Ensure work instructions and safe work procedures are followed.
- Transfer information and knowledge across shifts as required; Work as a team to ensure completion of product in a timely manner.
- Clean and maintain work area by supporting 5S program.
- Non-contact probing a plus
- Catia experience a plus
- Model based definition experience a plus
- Knowledge of Siemens 840d SL controls used in the DMG CTX beta 800 & 1250 TC’s and in the DMG DMU-65fd machining centers (or similar) also a plus
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Project management and validation experience required.
- Ability to develop and integrate programming techniques that will enhance worker/process productivity and quality.
- Dedication to accuracy, being organized, and desires to be held accountable for functional area and project results.
- Accept responsibility: Take pride in the quality of your work, evaluate it regularly, and effective use of time.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work co-operatively with others, maintain a positive attitude and promote the company’s best interests.
- Show Flexibility: The ability and willingness to adapt and be flexible to an ever changing growth environment.
- Demonstrated persistence, self-motivation, and display an effort to continually improve performance.
- High attention to detail
- Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; Able to interpret written information; Presents technical presentations effectively
- Computer Skills: Must have strong knowledge in various PC applications such as Microsoft Office, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Power Point and MS Project.