Finish Grinding Operator
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Since the early days of aviation, PCC has worked closely with our customers to develop and specify the best fasteners for their applications. We’ve created new materials, designs, and manufacturing practices to satisfy an ever changing industry. Today we manufacture nearly every fastener type used in the aerospace industry - all with the careful monitoring and control of specific manufacturing practices and thorough product testing that have been our hallmark.
2017 marked the 50-year anniversary of PB Fasteners. Founded by Paul R. Briles, PB Fasteners specializes in the manufacture of airframe structural nuts & bolts. PB Fasteners is best known for our developed Taper-Lok® and SLEEVbolt® fastening systems, which are used to enhance structural performance and manage electromagnetic effects in composite and multi-metal structure. PB Fasteners also manufactures fuse pins, screws, and nuts on a build-to-print basis in its 95,000 sq. ft. facility in Gardena, California.
PB Fasteners is devoted to manufacturing high-strength aerospace fasteners. PB Fasteners’ experienced staff is determined not just to keep abreast of technology, but to be among those who increasingly add to it.
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Identify parts to the shop traveler ensuring that all prior operations have been completed.
- Review and analyze blueprints, work orders and machining instructions to determine product dimensions, tooling, and to plan operational sequence.
- Set up machine to run job according to shop traveler’s instructions and grind sketch.
- Check and inspect parts completely, visually and dimensionally during process as often as possible.
- Follow standard operating procedures to check, test, login, logout, and grind good quality parts, coordinating with department’s supervisor or lead during the process.
- Receive and release all incoming and outgoing orders (jobs) in accordance with applicable Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Some knowledge of comparator, feeders and auto loaders preferred but not required.
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required
- The ability to read and write English.
- An introductory competence in shop math such as working with fractions and decimals.
- A basic knowledge of inspection tools and their proper use.
- A basic knowledge of machine tools.
- The ability to interpret written instruction on shop travelers.
- Capable of setting up and running parts as required.
- The ability to lift up to 35 lbs.