Nut Machining Supervisor
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products, which include the PCC Industrial & Distribution Group, consist of specialized manufacturing businesses that produce fasteners, precision components, systems, tooling, and engineered system solutions for a diverse group of end customers in the automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Founded in Jenkintown, PA in 1903 as Standard Pressed Steel Company, SPS Technologies continues to operate from the original 560,000 square foot facility.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever-changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
As the Nut Machining Supervisor, significant focus will be placed on these key areas:
- Supervise the production activity within the area to achieve a level daily throughput.
- Coach colleagues to ensure a flexible, efficient and well-motivated production team
- Set priorities, schedule and assign work within the departments.
- Coordinate activities with other departments.
- Ensure the timely completion of quality audits for the department.
- Participate in the development and implementation of cost reduction and productivity improvement programs
- Coordinate the Continuous Improvement and 6S activities for the area.
- Prepare reports and be prepared to discuss with management status of department metrics, workload and current projects.
- Interpret and supervise special work requirements.
- Schedule the repair and maintenance of equipment to minimize disruption of the production schedule.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments, government and customer contacts.
- Enforce all Company regulations and policies, especially those relating to safety.
- Identify challenges and develop solutions
- Perform other duties as necessary or appropriate to the position.
Candidates should have no less than three (3) years of prior recent and relevant working experience leading and supervising employees in the manufacturing industry. That experience should also include a prior history of decision making driven heavily by the use of data metrics.
A Bachelor's degree in the area of study is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated proficiencies in the essential functions identified above.
- Advanced skills in M.S. Office, especially Excel, are required.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented, but have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Uses judgement to plan or perform work within limitations of standard methods and procedures.