Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Creates parameters for new patterns and gates.
- Able to run gates, plastic, and patterns.
- Prepares the Mold Press for operation by setting machine parameters according to written setup instructions and gathering all parts, molds, tools, and materials.
- Prepares kits of parts for delivery by ensuring all necessary components are present.
- Ensures all molded parts are free of defects using torches, soldering irons and other appropriate tools.
- Measures parts using various tools to ensure parts produced are the correct size according to specifications.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is highly preferred but will train the right candidate.
- No certificates, licenses, and/or registrations required. Will provide training for forklift drivers for all employees.
- Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Has the minimal skills necessary to operate a computer. Can log on to a computer system, navigate in windows, perform simple tasks within applications and enter information into a database.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions.