Instrument Tech Maintenance - Heat Treat
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application, we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership ensure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Founded in Jenkintown, PA in 1903 as Standard Pressed Steel Company, SPS Technologies continues to operate from the original 560,000 square foot facility.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever-changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Conduct maintenance and repair technical services for Production furnaces, Heat Treat furnaces and other quality control equipment requiring calibration and certification.
- Troubleshoot, repair and calibrate furnace control and other instruments such as the temperature recorders, temperature controllers, and high limit controllers of furnaces and other equipment requiring calibration and certification such as NDT and other test equipment using various test equipment and procedures.
- Properly fill out and return all required paperwork in conjunction with assigned tasks.
- Work in conjunction with Maintenance Planner, Leadmen, Outside Contractors, Internal Support Activities, and Supervision to complete furnace maintenance activities, major outages and installations as assigned in a correct and timely manner.
- Conduct certifications and calibrations to ensure they meet all observed specifications including working with thermocouple wire, control thermocouples, potentiometers, optical - pyrometers and gas analyzers.
- Must have recent and relevant work experience that demonstrates proficiency in the skills and essential functions required for an Instrument Tech Maintenance-Heat Treat position. Must be presently able to operate or have the ability to operate machines and equipment similar in size and scope to the equipment operated at this facility with minimal training.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) is expected for this role, however relevant advanced certification, training or education related to this role is strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers and electro-mechanical controls a must.
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics and diagrams.
- Display sound understanding of combustion theory and application of concepts during furnace troubleshooting and repair to maintain thermal furnace characteristics and operational efficiency.
- Ability to properly and effectively use Blueprints, Heat Treat process codes, manufacturers' process manuals, Material Control Lab worksheets, method sheets, and shop math concepts to meet assigned objectives.
Candidates with an advanced-level of experience maintaining and repairing PLC and electro-mechanical controls on Heat Treat equipment used in the Fasteners manufacturing industry are highly desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.