Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $8 Billion, employing in excess of 25,000 individuals throughout 125 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
The Douglas facility is located in south central Georgia approximately 65 miles north of the Florida state line. Douglas is centrally located between Macon, GA and Jacksonville, FL; approximately two hours drive from either city. Valdosta, GA is about one hour’s drive away. Golf, tennis, fishing and hunting are popular outdoor activities.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES: PCC Douglas principally manufactures aircraft and land-based gas turbine engine rotating blades, stationary vanes and engine nozzles for OEM’s and the aftermarket for worldwide customers using the investment casting process.
Note: Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position is only open to “U.S. Workers” as defined by the regulations issued by the Department of Labor under the Immigration Reform and Control Act. This includes U.S. citizens or nationals, Permanent Residents (green card holders), Refugees or Asylees. F1 student visa holders are not considered U.S. Workers. Proof of citizenship / residency will be required.
- Accounts Receivable and collections process management
- Financial internal control environment coordinator / SOX compliance process owner for plant
- Driver of results and improvement
- Coordination of SOX compliance for the Douglas plant:
- All control and testing documentation is current and reflects Corporate and Division expectations (change management)
- Ensuring Quarterly and Annual requirements are effectively managed to ensure process effectiveness
- Coordinating with Control Owners to manage change and ensure supporting documentation for testing is available for testing and supports the integrity of the related control
- Managing the site SOX testers, including training, assignment of tasks, coordination with Control Owners, follow-up on testing issues, etc.
- Coordinating the communication of testing results, including failed tests and related remediation plans
- Accounts Receivable process:
- Reconciliation and posting of sales and sales adjustment activity
- Preparation and posting - monthly journal entries related to AR
- Prepare general ledger and account reconciliations and AR analysis requested by GM or Controller
- Prepare miscellaneous invoicing and sales adjustments
- Manage customer AR balances, build relationships with customer contacts and make appropriate customer and internal contacts to support the goal of zero past due accounts
- Monitor customer terms integrity and impact of change on working capital
- Provide monthly and quarterly AR schedules for the QOR package
- Manage the accounting process for Silver Assets, including working with process owner to analyze asset activity and balances; posting changes in Short-term / Long-term balances; posting and analyzing reclamation activity; preparing account reconciliations
- Coordinate quarterly completion of the FQR package, including Controller review and any required revision
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and work with Supervisor to capture / implement change
- Develop policies and procedures for areas of responsibility and facilitate cross-training.
- Financial systems oversight and identification of opportunities for improvement
- Support preparation of the annual budget
- Provide support as required for Internal and External Audits
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
BS in Accounting or related degree program with 1-3 years accounting and / or SOX compliance experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Effectively Manage SOX requirements, including implementing and communicating changes in requirements, effective testing of controls and follow-up on the remediation of any control failures, timely communication of results and issues to management
- Directly support the control and compliance culture at PCC Douglas
- Manage Accounts Receivable the goal of zero past due balances
- Ensure Silver Asset Accounting is completed per Division policy and any issues are effectively communicated and addressed in a timely manner
- Ensure the integrity of accounting / financial processes and related reporting
- Maintain a strong customer focus and provide timely value added services and management reporting that supports effective decision making
- Participate in projects and improvement opportunities outside of your areas of responsibility
- Continue to pursue your professional development
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.