With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
In this role, you must be capable to install, alter, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronic, mechanical, computer, control, and robotics/automation equipment, systems, and components in a complex Center of Excellence machining center.
• Has detailed operational knowledge of the equipment to the point that they can operate within specified quality/quantity limits.
• Follows work processes closely at school and on the shop floor to ensure a safe environment while job shadowing with technical advisor in OJL.
• Starts up equipment and ensures proper functioning of machines and control panel. Monitors / replenishes component inventories and ensures all safety guards are in position and functional.
• Is responsible for maintaining equipment logs for each piece of equipment, recording pertinent information about downtime and maintenance problems. MUST HAVE clear and legible handwriting.
• Exercises mechanical capabilities and knowledge of proper use of tools, proper troubleshooting and set up procedures, and machine blueprint reading.
• Shuts machine cycle off when a jam occurs and after clearing the jam, restarts the machine cycle.
• Sets up and debugs equipment to the specifications listed in specifications, plant policies, and Department Procedures. Deviations from these specifications must be cleared with the supervisor or Engineering
• Repairs equipment within their capability and reports major problems to supervisor. Assists the Maintenance Department, LTA/Production Mechanic or Manufacturing Technician in major repairs.
• Maintains equipment in working order to produce product within specified quality and quantity limits; adjusting, troubleshooting, cleaning and repairing as necessary.
• Performs preventative maintenance on the equipment as specified in the plant preventative maintenance (PM) program or as needed for smooth operation.
• Checks and cleans part tracks to ensure free travel of all component parts.
• Communicates and works well within a team environment both in school and in OJL.
• Works closely with technical documentation.
• Learn to work with material transfer conveyors.
• Understand, identify, locate malfunctions, remove, replace, adjust, and return to service following the lead of experienced technical advisors.
• Notifies AGV Technician if part supplies run low.
• Maintains accurate production and downtime records (logbooks).
• Maintains a neat and orderly production environment to support 6s requirements.
• Continually monitors in-process quality, addressing issues as needed to prevent product holds. Performs and documents all required Q.C. checks. Runs all required process challenges.
• Associates Degree in Robotics preferred
• CNC turning - work fixturing, machine setup, etc.
• Proficient with hand tools and general workshop equipment.
• Must be able to perform all physical duties such as heavy lifting, prolonged standing, bending, twisting and reaching.
• Applicants must be able to work any shift.
• Must be comfortable with working on a computer.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel/Word.
• Passion for working on cutting-edge technologies and eagerness to learn new things.
• Team player with excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of CAD software is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.