With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Preparing reports, maintaining logs, and ensuring the upkeep of departmental records
- Enforcing strict adherence to policies and procedures
- Opens gate to allow entrance or exit of employees, truckers, and authorized visitors.
- Checks credentials or approved roster before admitting anyone and issues passes at own discretion or on instructions from superiors
- May supervise use of time clocks for recording arrival and departure of employees
- Answers telephone as main Wyman-Gordon contact and transfers calls to appropriate areas
- Knowledge and responsibility of plant evacuation, fire response, spill response, severe weather, power failures and more
- Responsibility of emergencies services, ambulances and government agent arrivals
- Notifies supervisors of call outs
- Pages the main plant
- Other duties as needed
- High school Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of business operations
- Technical aptitude
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Preferred experience in customer service or security
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment is preferred
- Proficient with use of computer applications and phones
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.