With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Effective communication and negotiation skills
• Purchase all services and supplies, including Factory Stores, through approved requisition and/or Factory Stores order report utilizing spot buy purchase orders and/or consignment and blanket purchase orders.
• Sub-Contracting services are negotiated, processed and expedited in conjunction with operations requirements.
• Enter all Purchase Orders into system and maintain files with backup information
• Expedite and track orders as necessary
• Source and update vendors as required. Control and maintain vendor insurance certificates and hold harmless agreements.
• A minimum 5 years purchasing experience within manufacturing organizations with a demonstrated track record of accountability and achievement.
• Thorough knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices, excellent communication and negotiation skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.