Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Originally founded in 1883 in Worcester, MA, the Wyman-Gordon Company boasts more than 125 years of forging experience and first manufactured forgings for the aerospace industry during WWI. Recognizing the need for more expansive heavy manufacturing capabilities to support larger and more advanced aircraft designs, the Department of Defense built the forging facility now located in North Grafton, MA in 1946, equipping it initially with an 18,000 ton closed-die press. In 1953, the facility was expanded to include the 35,000 and 50,000 ton presses in what was referred to as the “Air Force Heavy Press Program”. From this program’s inception, Wyman-Gordon was chosen to operate the North Grafton facility due to the company’s long-term experience and reputation in the industry. In 1988, Wyman-Gordon purchased the facility outright from the U.S. Government and ran it as a private company until 1999 when Wyman-Gordon was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC).
Today, Wyman-Gordon has diversified its product portfolio beyond military applications to include forgings for many civil airliner and power generation applications. The 50,000 ton press is the largest operating in North America and is considered a strategic national industrial asset due to its essential nature in supporting various critical military aircraft production programs.
- Provide day-to-day System support for Workday HCM, Benefits and Compensation
- Oversee administration of Workday business process to include best practice of system setup; oversee correction work when required with related action, and drive consistent practice
- Collaborate with HR and Stakeholders to define business requirements, develop custom reports and build appropriate reporting and metrics
- Establish and maintain user system access, roles and permissions
- Leads data validation activities including analysis, documentation, and conversion of current systems and data
- Lead and manage releases, researching new functionality and recommending enhancements as applicable
- Monitor vendor interfaces, including integration points, interface processing, error identification and resolution
- Execute mass loading of data through Workday EIB
- Implement business processes that are designed for a simple end user experience and reduced errors. Build controls into the system to allow for auditing and other sustainability activities
- Ensure user ease of adoption through change management activities. Collaborate with other team members to review training and change management needs with all projects. Facilitate system training and communication as needed
- Lead projects including leading meetings, providing regular project updates, and adhering to project deadlines
- Work with IT to manage integrations utilizing required data software tools
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in information systems, computer science, human resources management, or business administration.
- 1+ years of HRIS or related experience, Workday experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel (pivot tables and lookup functions) and Access
- Highly responsive to business needs
- Ability to influence the adoption of the optimal approach at all levels and drive the seamless delivery of projects
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage and work to bring clarity through ambiguity and complexity and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent customer service attitude; a team player.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Able to work well independently and under pressure
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Interact well with a diverse community.
- Read, write legibly, and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Expected travel: 5%