Senior Cost Accountant
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application, we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Net Shaped Solutions (NSS) is a premier cold forged products manufacturer with locations in Plymouth and Canton, Michigan. We have three plants located within a one-mile radius from each other. We manufacture cold forged parts chiefly for the automotive, mining, consumer, and military industries. We are part of a multi-billion dollar aerospace component manufacturer named Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC). At NSS, our cold forgings are sold to customers who further process parts for major corporations such as Ford, General Motors, BMW, and FCA.
NSS has more than 40 years of experience in net shaped cold forged products with extensive in-house engineering design and production capabilities, including:
- 25 cold formers and thread rollers with the capacity for 3/8" (9.5 mm) to 1 1/2" (38.1 mm) wire diameter and an ability to use prepared slugs up to 2.2" (56 mm) in diameter
- Solution development and engineering design
- Tailored tool manufacturing
- Extensive material knowledge and experience
- Plans and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzes data obtained and records results.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects of costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports.
- Compiles cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
- Makes estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Serves as Sox Coordinator and oversees the Quarterly Sox Testing
- Responsible for Completion of the Weekly Reporting Package, Flex Reporting and supports compilation of Monthly MOR and Quarterly FQR Schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an Accounting Dept in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of database software, internet software, manufacturing software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
- Strong Cost systems background, excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of GAAP required
- ERP system and strong excel experience required
- Experience using system queries to pull data required
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.