Clean & Cap Operator - Mentor, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Perform all clean and cap operations, including but not limited to, clean and cap tasks, mega dip, maintaining all automated equipment, mold prep, dewax, flashfire, and special lot expediting.
- Meets the specific requirements of the efficiency standard as established by the Engineering team.
- Records all work performed and the correct distribution of the work time by use of operational codes on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned to help our team "Make the Day"!
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted by relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience, preferably in chemical process or the ceramic industry.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to use and understand the output of inspection tools.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently.
- Ability to maintain high work output, while meeting our team's quality requirements.