Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application, we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Shur-Lok manufactures fastening systems with superior locking devices for critical requirements including engine module assembly, structural assembly, rotor blade attachment, and aircraft engine shaft and spindle applications. Operations at the Irvine location include: CNC Machining, CNC Waterjet Cutting, Laser Marking, Heat Treating, NDT, and EDM.
- Develop and write detailed instructions for the manufacture of products.
- Analyze production data and look for trends indicating potential problems and develop solutions for potential problems.
- Provide process control systems in the form of instructions, standards, data collection and feedback loops.
- Utilize PCC toolbox such as; Lean Six Sigma in order to improve factory performance.
- Four year degree in Engineering or Technology: including industrial, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- 4 - 6 years experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, preferably in an Aerospace environment.
- Must have the ability to reason and arrive at conclusions with minimum help and have basic understanding of statistics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- CAD software a plus.
- NC Programming experience a plus.
- Advanced math skills including Excel functions, statistical analysis, and trigonometry.
This requisition is closed to applications.