Maintenance Electrician - Mentor, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Strictly adheres to all environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) standards as defined by the company and local, state, and federal regulators. Takes responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices. Wears required PPE
- Exercises a high degree of care in the handling of cast parts to avoid damage
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity
- Troubleshoot, repair & maintain machinery & equipment
- Required to have electrical knowledge to complete machinery and equipment repairs; able to read complicated drawings, ladder logic, and simple sketches
- Safely and effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 35 lbs.; Asks for help with objects that weigh more; Uses proper safe lifting procedures.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and building equipment.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and building equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, motor starters, MCC panels/circuits, variable frequency drives and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables. Must be able to install & repair electrical apparatus & wiring circuits which consist of three-phase 220V & 480V.
- Responsible of all 3 phase 480/277 VAC, 3 Phase 120/208 VAC, and 120/240 VAC equipment.
- Will be responsible for maintaining building lighting, emergency lights/exit lights, 120-volt outlets. Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings; Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all electrical utilities and equipment.
- Maintains, installs, repairs, and adjusts electrical systems and equipment that provide power to production equipment and facilities
- Plans and designs instrumentation/electrical projects and aid on technical issues
- Minimum of 5 years of active electrical trouble shooting in an industrial manufacturing environment
- High school diploma. At least some college courses preferred.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical theory, safety and shop practices as well as federal, state, municipal and underwriters’ specifications, codes, and ordinances.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must possess/maintain a valid Driver’s License (drives company vehicle, forklift on occasion)