Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements.
- Ensure a safe, productive, and rewarding working environment for all employees.
- Proactively identifies and mitigates hazards and uses the appropriate PPE, safety equipment, and procedures in performing assigned tasks. Maintains housekeeping standards to PCC 6S requirements.
- Communicate any unsafe acts and/or conditions immediately.
- Ensure proper set up and operation of heading equipment. This includes but not limited additional equipment within the production process. Execution of operator level preventive maintenance requirements; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications will be required
- Review routings to determine setup and tooling requirements.
- Proficiently set up heading machines and other equipment as assigned in the production process.
- Provide necessary information by answering questions and requests; collaborate with others to resolve set up and equipment issues.
- Understanding and utilization of Statistical Process Control (SPC) as required to conform to Ti Pin COE - ZDP
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues to address downtime and/or non-conforming product.
- Assist with maintaining equipment, parts, and supplies by checking stock and evaluating inventory level. Request and submit purchase requests as needed.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Shares technical knowledge with team members and trains/develops others as directed.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations; OSHA; AS9100 requirements; and all Company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Technical knowledge troubleshooting mechanical equipment, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- A proven commitment to safety.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Experience with headers and understanding of parts and components of equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to read mechanical blueprints and use diagnostic equipment.
- Strong attention to detail; Ability to complete work assignments accurately and efficiently
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written, to convey ideas and processes
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results; able to work independently without close supervision
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Team Oriented/Cooperative
- Basic computer skills. MS Office, email, maintenance software, etc.
- Sufficient physical attributes to be able to perform the rigors of working in hot and cold locations, to work in a limited physical space as needed, and the ability to work at heights as needed.
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week, including weekends as required
This requisition is closed to applications.