Die Shop Manager
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Evaluate procedures, work rules, systems, and affect improvement through defining expectations and needs and involving the organization in developing and implementing these improvements.
- Focus topics include productivity, quality, safety, housekeeping, maintenance, technical advances, training and attendance.
- Drive repair schedule through both internal and external resources to meet production needs, utilizing welding and machining.
- Compile and assess repair plans for tooling and dies as needed
- Disposition tooling condition considering safety, quality, productivity and re-investment costs
- Manage and motivate union workforce to meet all safety, quality and production requirements.
- Collaborate with operations, planning, and engineering to ensure production needs for tooling are met.
- Prioritize daily tasks based on urgency and necessity in order to assist the manufacturing process.
- Coordinate with purchasing to ensure all necessary supplies required by the department are on hand to prevent production interruptions.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in management, manufacturing or business
- Must be capable of planning and managing die repairs including machine tooling and equipment selection, machine programming and dimensional inspection.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- Broad range knowledge of business- purchasing, sales, and engineering.
- Hands-on experience with machining or programming
- Results driven and action oriented; analytical skills are key.
- Capable of generating machine programs from engineering provided CAD models utilizing WorkNC or similar CAM software experience.
- Familiarity with metal manufacturing processes and closed die forging preferred, but not required
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.