With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application, we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership ensure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Founded in Jenkintown, PA in 1903 as Standard Pressed Steel Company, SPS Technologies continues to operate from the original 560,000 square foot facility.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever-changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
• Review purchase requisition to assure proper coding, specification accuracy and completeness of information to initiate purchase order.
• Apply knowledge of manufacturing methods, capabilities and products to enable vendor assistance in substitutions where necessary with assistance from senior purchasing personnel.
• Convert company terminology and specifications into terms that vendors understand.
• Obtain quotes for yearly and blanket orders so that the best quality, quantity and price with delivery can be evaluated.
• Follow up and expedite all past due and critically required items.
• Advise requisitioner and related areas of deliveries to meet projects and production dates.
• Obtain price and delivery information and advise requisitioner.
• Perform other duties as necessary or appropriate to the position.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
• Syteline ERP system experience preferred
• Excellent decision making and analytical skills
• Excellent computer skills including a high degree of skill in Excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to deliver results at short notice
• Excellent relational skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Ability to provide constructive feedback in a timely manner
• Excellent organizational skills
• Multitasking ability
• Ability to work for long hours
• Excellent time management skills
Prior procurement experience in the aerospace manufacturing industry is strongly preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.