With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application. We produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
- Responsible for the overall safety, leadership, direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned product Category.
- Achieve daily metrics including earned hours, productivity, scarp, throughput, sales and other significant measures.
- Use the daily operational cost metrics to monitor and manage key areas of variable spending.
- Maintain proper staffing levels to achieve budgeted levels of performance.
- Analyze processes to improve efficiency (includes purchase of new capital equipment, planning arrangement of equipment, use of cost effective production techniques) and achieve cost reduction expectations.
- Implement lean manufacturing methods (6S, flow, visual organizations, etc.)
- Ensure that manufacturing documentation, procedures and protocol are followed at all times.
- Monitor scrap, yield and part efficiencies on existing programs to ensure achievement of budget targets.
- Weekly or bi-weekly employee communications meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related discipline is highly preferred.
- 5 - 10 years of manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- 4+ years of supervisory experience
- Aerospace industry experience a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business data, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.