With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Precision Tool Group
Precision Tool Group (PTG) is the leading global supplier of tooling solutions for the fastener industry. We specialize in aerospace, automotive, energy, medical and general industries.
At PTG we are committed to maintaining our position as the market leader in thread rolling and header tooling by providing unmatched product quality, exceptional technological innovation and superior customer service.
For more than 90 years, Reed has been involved in the manufacturing of machines and tooling for the fastener industry as a globally recognized brand. You can be sure of quality products from all REED manufacturing facilities. Auburn, USA & Haryana India specialize in:
- Cylindrical Dies
- Thread Rolls
- Flat Milled Dies (Licensed Products)
- Flat Dies
- Planetary Dies
- Special Licensed products
- Full Regrinding service for Flat and Round dies
The Operations / Technical Manager will be responsible for delivering all operational objectives for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the manufacturing operation meets all metrics; Safety, Quality, Fixed Costs, Variable Costs, EH&S, Productivity, Headcount, Overtime, and EBIT. When misses occur, develops a credible recovery plan with team.
- Manage daily / weekly production meetings reporting on all metrics
- Manage performance productivity and hold accountability for that performance.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities based on policies, objectives and programs spanning manufacturing functions.
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and corporate colleagues at all levels.
- Preparation and management of the operations budget
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with quality standards to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and standard of products is maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with division and corporate directives including Sarbanes and Oxley (SOX).
- Works through engineering team to create and deliver continuous improvement activities and monitor their impact on operational metrics.
- Interface with customer service and sales reps on quality concerns or improvement requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field such as Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- At least 5 years manufacturing operations management experience. Background and knowledge of engineering production methods preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience desirable.
- Excellent leadership qualities, positively models behavior and leads by example.
- Successful track record with strong career progression within forward thinking organization.
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Operates to the highest ethical, moral and legal standards.
- Ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation.
- Excellent financial, commercial and operational acumen.
- Highest level of attention to detail.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality as required.
- Hands on problem solver.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Driver of change.
- Strong work ethic.