Engineering Co-Op - Mentor, OH
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
The co-op student will be working on job assignments related to their functional engineering discipline. These increasingly challenging assignments will provide foremost an effective learning assignment and then a sound intellectual and/or financial return for the PCC organization.
Free furnished housing is available during the co-op rotation!
- Apply principles learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design.
- Responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and /or product engineering throughout his/her co-op experience.
- Identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Attend regular departmental meeting.
- Attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
- Perform or review systems analysis, testing, and documentation for existing processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate on project teams for assigned projects.
- Analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate with peers, project team members, and other departments on new product development, product line extensions, and product enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned
Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Knowledge of related engineering discipline functional and technical skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Good writing skills and interpersonal skills
- U.S. Person’s Status is Required (Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and physical
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.