Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Director
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 13 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
PCC Structurals operates 12 manufacturing facilities in the United States and 1 facility in France.
- Portland, Oregon (3 Facilities)
- Redmond, Oregon
- San Leandro, California
- Covina, California
- Carson City, Nevada
- Mentor, Ohio
- Ogden, Utah
- Groton, Connecticut
- Tilton, New Hampshire
- Port St. Lucie, Florida
- Ogeu-les-bains, France
- Develops strategic plans in collaboration with business and functional needs.
- Manages the development, planning and implementation of environmental, health and safety programs across the Division.
- Ensures objectives are in alignment with current best practices for occupational health and environmental health and safety.
- Develops health and safety policies and procedures (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention and building safety), including those pertaining to hazardous materials and work areas.
- Sets vision for Division EHS and leads an EHS team that is aligned to ensure successful implementation of action plans.
- Monitors performance of EHS programs and regulatory compliance with all global regulations and handles all contact with the appropriate government agencies.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Leads and a develops team of diverse and experienced EHS professionals and leaders
- BS in environmental sciences, occupational health or engineering, MS or MBA preferred.
- 7 or more years of experience in global occupational health and environmental safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in administering and auditing core critical safety programs (i.e., LOTO, fall protection) and hands-on experience in managing and/or auditing industrial factories inclusive of clean rooms, chemical treatment facilities, radiation vault.
- Experience managing workers compensation in conjunction with EHS initiatives.
- Prior experience in successfully building and leading teams and developing talent across an EHS function.
- A team builder who is able to coach and mentor team members and work closely with employees on their continued development.
- Develops and maintains good relationships, gains the confidence of others and works effectively in a multidisciplinary matrix environment.
- Strategic thinker with creative and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Resilient self-starter, who can act independently and learn quickly within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience managing remote and/or global teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to critically interpret and use scientific and clinical data to manage risk assessment.
- Able to effectively collaborate with site operations, functional leaders and external clients and vendors.
- Perceptive, creative, and innovative with the ability to contribute new ideas and to build consensus.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with a strong commitment to business ethics.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.