Inside Sales Manager
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Coordinates product development and customer requirements with Engineering, Quality, Production Control and Manufacturing.
- Prepares price quotations or bids based on knowledge of material and labor costs and manufacturing schedules and processes.
- Submits bid to customer for examination and approval.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Develops strategy to drive growth and take market share for assigned product line.
- Works closely with the inside sales associates and outside sales engineers.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Talks with customers by phone to solicit orders for such products as pins, latches, struts, threaded products and tooling.
- Attends trade shows as needed.
- Exceptional technical and engineering knowledge
- Demonstrated selling, relationship building and contract negotiation and development skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills needed to collaborate with colleagues, clients and outside agencies.
- Exceptional capabilities in Business and marketing strategy, analytical and problem-solving, organizational, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge of business processes and IT tools including, but not limited to, ERP systems, Forecasting and Data Mining.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.