The text input below will display to the candidate. Please pay attention to spelling/grammar.
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.
Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.
Special Metals Corporation (HBE) biggest plant is located in Huntington, WV, United States and is part of the Steel Service Centers & Other Metal Wholesalers Industry. Special Metals Corporation (HBE) has 750 total employees across all of its locations.
• Responsible for making reasonable provisions for the safety of each employee under his/her charge.
• Responsible for training and coaching the production staff on health and safety.
• Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
• Responsible for production planning to meet the goals of the company.
• Maintain proper inventory levels.
• Develop practices and processes to enhance productivity and employee engagement.
• Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
• Manage departmental performance measures and provides regular progress reports to manager.
• Manage department priorities.
• Troubleshoot all issues or problems.
• Perform accident investigations.
• Administers and interprets various labor agreements and responses to grievances.
• Accountable for traditional administrative tasks such as tracking absenteeism and timekeeping.
• Utilizing knowledge of production to enhance, improve and maintain planning and quality of production.
• Excellent problem solving/analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Positive leadership required.
• Impeccable communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Performance management.
Special Metals Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys—with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and industry.
Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.
The Supervisor, Manufacturing position is based in Huntington, WV and Burnaugh, KY. The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
• Prior experience as a Manufacturing Supervisor in a heavy industrial environment desired.
• Prior experience in building best practices for health and safety in a production environment.
• Proven ability to manage and lead a team to success.