Maintenance Technician Level Four
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application, we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Cherry Aerospace is a global leader in the design and manufacture of multi-piece fastening systems for the aerospace industry. The Cherry® name is synonymous with aerospace rivets, and the CherryMax® line of rivets is the most widely-used in the industry.
The Cherry® brand dates back to 1940 when Cherry Rivet Company introduced easily-installed blind fasteners, which were quickly adopted as an aerospace industry standard. Operating out of a 286,000 square foot facility in Santa Ana, California, Cherry's full line of products includes blind rivets, blind bolts, rivet-less nut plates, shear pin fasteners, temporary fasteners, and installation tools.
All Cherry products are available from a large number of distributors, including locations in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Dubai, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
In 2016, SPS Technologies Santa Ana began the consolidation into Cherry Aerospace. SPS Technologies, Santa Ana specializes in the development and manufacture of fastener assemblies including nut plates, channel nuts, panel fasteners, studs and inserts, and self-retaining bolts for commercial and military applications. The consolidation combines the synergy of two fastener organizations to create a best-in-class facility.
Level Four: Level 4: Level 4 mechanics work under minimal supervision, is able to perform all levels of repair and maintenance; expert in troubleshooting any mechanical repair or rebuild, expert in electrical and electronic diagnostic as well as repair and rebuild. Able to fix all types of equipment in the facility, expert in all facility repairs issues. Leader in maintenance department able to lead lower level maintenance team. 10+ Years
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspection to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Correctly interpret work orders…
- Lift up to 45lbs
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Work in a team environment, i.e. follow instructions and assist others as needed.
- Perform all levels of equipment repair.
- Work with production to prioritize repairs.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting.
- Install, calibrate, trouble shoot, and program microprocessor based instruments.
- Dismantle and inspect production equipment as needed.
- Interface with vendors and contractors (equipment repairs, facilities, etc.)
- Provide leadership and training to lower level employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Typically 10+ Years
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- The ability to read and write English.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of controls and interfaces.
- The ability to navigate intranet to locate process documents - basic computer skills
- The ability to read and interpret work instructions and basic prints and dimensions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.