With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in super alloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
PCC San Leandro specializes in air and vacuum investment cast components for aerospace, energy and commercial applications. With over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space located in the east Bay Area of California, San Leandro’s renowned engineering services and superior capabilities have resulted in significant growth for the plant.
- Keeps his/her environment clean and organized.
- Clearly communicates technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed.
- Ensures timely resolution/referral of user problems by understanding the impact to the user and by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution goal.
- Manages user account changes.
- Manages and updates an accurate IT equipment inventory.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems, email problems, and site connectivity problems.
- Proposes and implements hardware and software upgrades optimizing network performance while remaining within budget.
- Creates Purchase Requisitions when needed.
- Helps install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards, switches, and VPN devices.
- Assists Network Administrator as needed.
- Track software license compliance and perform annual audits to confirm licensing compliance.
- Manage signoffs and software change requests in accordance with IT procedures and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Maintain Active Directory environment.
- Perform related work as required.
- Deliver technical customer support over the phone.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical computer-related problems in an appropriate time frame.
- Support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed.
- Read, understand and apply complex technical information.
- Master new computer technology.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- The ability to multi-task in a face paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate must also portray a sincere desire to learn and broaden their knowledge base within IT thereby increasing their value to the company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks of this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.