CNC Machinist Level Two / Centerless Grinder
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 38 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, Noranco, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
- Level one responsibilities apply to level two, with the following additional duties:
- Perform basic setup operations which includes setting up fixtures, cutting tools and CNC programs.
- Maintain product quality through monitoring and adjusting CNC offsets as needed.
- Perform inspection tasks of intermediate complexity interacting with drawings and more advanced inspection tools.
- Typically this position requires evidence of success in level one machining duties for at least one year prior to promotion or hire.
- 2-4 years of experience
- Centerless Grinder
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required
- The ability to identify and correctly load and secure fixtures with minimal assistance.
- A working knowledge of G and M codes applied in setting and adjusting offsets and interacting with CNC programs.
- A working knowledge of shop math including tool geometry, positive and negative numbers, as well as basic geometry.
- The ability to read basic prints and apply basic dimensional specifications to inspection processes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.