With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Actively participate in month end closing process, generate monthly journal entries, and reconcile accounts.
- Perform financial analysis on results of operations.
- Assist with product cost development and cost savings calculations, creating budgets, forecasts, and activity rates.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Financial and ERP systems and the ability to data mine.
- Manage fixed assets including capitalizations, disposals, and monthly depreciation.
- Research appropriate accounting treatment of complex transactions.
- Assist with SOX compliance and reporting.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or analytical support position
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- BA/S in Accounting or Finance
- CPA License, CMA License or MBA preferred
- Good working knowledge of accounting practices and financial reporting processes
- Excellent computer skills including a high degree of skill in Excel
- Demonstrated problem solving, quantitative analysis, and analytical abilities
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications
- Detail oriented with the ability to understand the “big picture”
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate business results and department needs across all levels of the organization
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude, and a strong sense of self-motivations, accountability, and responsibility
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Knowledge of capital expenditure budgeting process
- Familiarity with manufacturing/processing environment preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.