Production Supervisor- Tilton, NH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Responsible for the safe manufacture of products while adhering to all company safety policies and governmental compliance requirements. Ensure that good housekeeping practices are consistently followed.
- Provide the leadership for development and implementation of effective systems for improving internal and external quality, cost improvements, and on-time delivery to customer requirements.
- Coordinate production with required schedules to meet customer requirements. Control flow of product, materials and utilization of labor throughout department(s).
- Develop, train, coach, and involve employees in maintaining and improving departmental efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, cooperation and morale.
- Conduct formal performance appraisals and recommend pay increases while emphasizing a “pay for performance” culture.
- Work with Human Resources to source, evaluate and hire the best qualified candidates.
- Responsible for adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions.
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to the area to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality and throughput targets.
- Review and plan for daily/weekly quarterly labor, equipment, and supply requirements to achieve the departmental throughput while meeting and exceeding productivity targets.
- Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies, and procedures, while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
- Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety, and health evaluations and programs.
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas of facility.
- Perform all physical functions of position; standing, stooping, bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning and lifting of materials up to 35 lbs.
- Meet established attendance standards.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations or related field
- 5 to 7 years of progressive manufacturing/supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge of budgeting process and financial management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Requires that the incumbent be highly organized, self-motivated and one who can work independently, as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- ERP system knowledge as well as advanced excel knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with targets.
- Knowledge and experience in a foundry setting
This requisition is closed to applications.