Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Located in the southeast Portland area, PCC Structurals Large Parts Campus and Lean Manufacturing Annex specialize in air and vacuum investment cast components as large as 79" for aerospace, energy and commercial applications. With over 660,000 square feet of manufacturing space, we work with corrosion-resistant, high-strength-to-weight Titanium and Nickel and Cobalt-based alloys with high temperature and mechanical properties.
1. Penetrant Inspection.
Objective: to identify and evaluate defects made detectable by the application of fluorescent penetrant to castings.
A. Places castings on inspection tables or carts manually or with hoists.
B. Visually inspects penetrant-treated castings under ultraviolet light for surface discontinuities.
C. Inspects castings for cracks, oxides, cold shots, cold shuts, shrinkage, dirt and other types of indications.
D. Uses mirrors and other hand tools for inspection as needed; may use boroscopes or other ultraviolet light sources.
E. May perform grinding for minor repairs.
F. Applies fluorescent penetrant liquid to castings as needed for spot checks.
G. Completes air pressure tests for penetrant leaks on specified parts.
H. May train Line Operators.
2. Defect Evaluation and Routing.
Objective: to evaluate inspection results, and route for acceptability, salvage or scrap.
A. Marks indications on parts during inspection.
B. Analyzes inspection results and evaluates castings for acceptance or salvage repair.
C. Completes salvage routing cards, indicating necessary repairs.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
D. May be required to work with hazardous waste.
4. Completes logs, reports and records.
5. Performs other tasks as directed, including line operations.
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. Level 2 Penetrant Inspection Courses.
3. Level 2 Penetrant Inspection Certification.
4. May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
1. Advanced inspection skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of Penetrant Line Operator and Level 1 Penetrant Inspection Certification.
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
2. High School Graduation or GED (necessary for NDT certification).
3. Ability to read and follow specifications found in Tech Cards, Quality Control Manuals, and other technical materials.
4. 20/30 correctable vision, and satisfactory passage of depth perception and color vision tests.
5. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing twenty to forty pounds and occasionally up to eighty pounds.
6. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
This requisition is closed to applications.