Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon, PA, a division of Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC), is a manufacturing leader of Flash Welded and Cold Rolled near net shaped rings for the Gas Turbine Industry.
A key member of the plant management team, this position is the focal point for financial planning and analysis, cost accounting and profit and loss statement control. This position reports directly to the Plant General Manager with a dotted line to the Division VP of Finance, assuming the responsibility of the integrity of plant financial reporting and internal controls. Although a leadership role, this position is a hands-on, working manager function with individual contributor requirements as well as leadership and management responsibilities.
- The Controller is responsible for all financial aspects of the business and must ensure compliance with all PCC Corporate Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- The Controller is responsible for all financial statements, internal and external audits, budgets, forecasts and strategic business plans, and must coordinate with Division and Corporate finance to achieve the goals and objectives of the business.
- Oversee daily operations of the Accounting department. Controls and monitors all company assets including inventory and fixed assets through cycle counting or other audit methodologies.
- Establishes or recommends to management major economic strategies, objectives and policies for the company. Acts to link/align the major business functions to profitability, growth and cash flow.
- Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering sales, earnings, profits, working capital, cash balances and other financial metrics based on past, present and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management.
- Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/shipments as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company.
- Manages financial and SOX audits with internal and external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Acts as business unit Ethics Officer regarding compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and oversees all internal controls.
- Assists management with negotiation and review of Long-Term Agreements with customers.
- Serves as advisor to and strategic partner with the General Manager of the business, assisting in most decisions related to forecasts, key position hiring, new initiatives to exploit potential profit improvement opportunities, setting of plant policies and procedures, and other avenues in pursuit of operational excellence.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Leverage strengths of the current Finance team members help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has 7 direct reports.
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Business. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Oracle
- Strong skills and knowledge of accounting theory and application of financial principles (GAAP) and
experience operating within a SOX compliant environment.
- Expertise in technical accounting, budgeting, planning, standard costing and internal control.
- Ability to comprehend broad business issues and accomplish objectives through others.
- Leadership skills and analytical decision making.
- Must be eligible to work for U.S. government contractors and sub-contractors.
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment as a hands-on, working manager.
- Must demonstrate ability to coach, guide, develop, and support internal staff in a high-pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.