Wax Binder Area Manager
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment casting. Each of the sixteen (16) Airfoils’ locations play an integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components for use in gas turbine engines. PCC’s parts are found on virtually all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas turbine applications in the free world. Our product plays a significant role in the evolution of the light-weight, fuel-efficient engines of the next generation.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. and was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in February 2016. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $10 Billion, employing in excess of 30,000 individuals throughout 130 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
Direct the activities of Wax Binder (WB) in an efficient manner for the desired quality and quantity of work.
- P&L responsibility for areas supervised.
- Forecast month, quarter and annual budgets to achieve sales and cost objectives.
- Manage all production and manufacturing support functions to achieve forecasts.
- Identify and implement new concepts that will provide continuous improvement in cost, quality, and delivery.
- Identify and implement capital projects required to meet objectives.
- Provide leadership and development of work force.
- Provide the shift to shift communication link in order to keep all employees and Supervisors working toward the same goal.
- Meet overall objective and day-to-day targets.
- Effectively coach all employees, train, motivate, evaluate and coach with an emphasis on building a winning team.
- Work with employees to assist with understanding and resolving problems.
- Communicate all issues that affect WB.
- Provide the department to department communication link in order to keep all employees and supervisors working toward the same goal.
- Work together with employees ensuring their adherence to safety rules and regulations, company policies, and maintain work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree, technical or equivalent management experience a plus.
- 5-7 years manufacturing supervision experience.
- Quality minded, motivated and innovative individual.
- Strong communication and interpersonal team building skills
- In depth understanding of financial controls
- Strong professional leadership a must
- Safety Performance
- Quality (scrap and customer satisfaction)
- Productivity and Efficiency (labor utilization)
- Throughput (on time delivery and schedule attainment)
- Department Cost Control
- Employee Training