Data Integration Architect
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Partner with business unit leadership to provide strategic recommendations to maximize the value of information assets via their creation, access and use.
- Ensure that the architecture is used as a filter to identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Aggressively research and prototype various data integration and data management tools.
- Lead efforts for standardizing, integrating and centralizing multi-system and multi-site data
- Work with project consultants to vet data acquisition, integration, and analytics proposals.
- Partner with key Division data integrators, data analysts, and data scientists.
- Develop, and continuously improve, a standard set of data integration models and best practices.
- Work with the various PCC divisions to build a PCC-wide map of key data assets.
- Define and enable effective data and analytics governance.
- Help support Corporate and Division data governance and master data initiatives.
- B.S. degree required; Masters (MBA) preferred. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related study (or equivalent project-related experience).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Architecture and Master Data Management, Project Life Cycle phases, best practices, and processes
- Minimum 3 years of experience with ETL tools (preferable Cloud ETL)
- Experience architecting and implementing data projects on Cloud
- Thorough understanding of data and analytics services on Azure/AWS
- Deep understanding of the latest product stack that supports Cloud and Big data
- Proven problem-solving capability required. Excellent communication skills required.
- Additional experience in Profisee, Azure, Microsoft PowerBI and Azure Databricks desirable
- Additional experience in manufacturing and ERP systems desirable
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.