Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Quality Department. This candidate will coordinate, and direct quality programs designed to ensure that the processing of all products is consistent
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Founded in Jenkintown, PA in 1903 as Standard Pressed Steel Company, SPS Technologies continues to operate from the original 560,000 square foot facility.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
SPS Technologies was acquired by PCC in 2003.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily task assignments of direct reports as well as supervise and prioritizes tasks as necessary to assure schedule compliance.
- Manages and oversees all inspections of parts, investigates non-conformances, initiates, implements, and coordinates corrective and preventative actions as appropriate.
- Performs Interface with inspection and manufacturing personnel on technical issues, specification requirements, inspection methods and scheduling.
- Reviews and approves all revisions to internal process procedures and Quality system procedures to assure that documentation meets current regulatory and customer requirements. (I.e. NADCAP and AS9100).
- Schedules and reviews internal and external audits to assure that any out of compliances with product, processes, or procedures are identified, documented, and corrected.
- Represents Company during all customer and regulatory audits.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company goals, policies and procedures.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and corrective/preventative actions being taken to assure continuous process improvement.
- Designs and implements training programs to all quality personnel.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Maintains a clean, organized and work area.
- Adheres to all PCC & PCI specific safety and Cardinal Rules of Quality requirements Develops internal quality metrics to measure the QMS effectiveness
- Works well within a team environment
- 5-7 years of Aerospace experience
- 2-3 years in a leadership role
- Production machining processes, quality controls, and costs.
- Understand/use inspection techniques for effective control of Internal & delivered part quality, cost, and schedule in the manufacture of aerospace machined parts
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership, teaming; and production methods.
- Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; and develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Expert level root cause corrective action skills
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.