Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Southwest United Canada was formed in 2009 with the combination of Advanced Processing Inc. (API) in Concord, ON and CEEL Limited in Brampton, ON.
Southwest United Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest United Industries, Inc. headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. CEEL Limited and Advanced Processing had been purchased by Southwest United Industries in 2006 and 2008 and were operating independently up until their combination at the end of 2009.
Southwest United Canada operates under one management structure from both the Advanced Processing facility in Concord and the CEEL facility in Brampton. Between the two facilities Southwest United Canada offers complete Nadcap accredited aerospace processing from one source. Both facilities have more than 30 years of experience offering metal finishing solutions to Canadian aerospace, defense, and industrial customers.
Brampton, Ontario L6W 1L3
1. Responsible for all financial statements, internal and external audits, budgets, forecasts and strategic business plans, and must coordinate with Division and Corporate finance to achieve the goals and objectives of the business. 2. Oversees daily operations of the Accounting department. Controls and monitors all company assets including inventory and fixed assets through cycle counting or other audit methodologies. 3. Establishes or recommends to management major economic strategies, objectives and policies for the company. Acts to link/align the major business functions to profitability, growth and cash flow.
4. Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering daily flex, weekly battle plan, and monthly and quarterly business reviews. 5. Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management. 6. Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/shipments as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company. 7. Manages financial and SOX audits with internal and external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements. 8. Acts as business unit Ethics Officer regarding compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and oversees all internal controls. 9. Assists management with negotiation and review of Long Term Agreements with customers. 10. Serves as advisor to and strategic partner with the General Manager of the business, assisting in most decisions related to forecasts, key position hiring, new initiatives to exploit potential profit improvement opportunities, setting of plant policies and procedures, and other avenues in pursuit of operational excellence. 11. Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives. 12. Leverage strengths of the current Finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals. 13. Responsible for the department’s staffing and performance management process; including development, coaching, discipline and termination actions. 14. Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment. 15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• BS or BA in Accounting or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of Accounting/Finance experience. Publicly traded company experience highly preferred. • Strong background in product cost Accounting (standard cost system) and experience in plant accounting/finance systems including strong understanding in the use of Excel.
• GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge is required. Track record of improving internal controls highly valued. • Exceptional analytical abilities and understanding of accounting and finance issues in a manufacturing environment. • Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability and variance analysis.