Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Tulsa, OK 74120
• Implement Work Center goals and objectives in partnership with Production Supervisors
• Manage direct reports; Establish schedule, quality, and cost targets for areas; Delegate to direct reports or teams with direct reports to accomplish goals
• Work with other Managers to coordinate and align operations and activities; Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and resources to meet Division goals
• Partner with HR and direct reports to resolve problems, complaints or grievances, and to plan and forecast staffing
• Partner with Quality to align goals with Business Quality Management System (BQMS)
• Champion Six Sigma and facilitate lean initiatives
• Develop and deploy management metrics
• May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years related experience
• 2+ years of leadership experience
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, and costs
• Understand/use techniques for effective control of delivered quality, cost, and schedule in the manufacture of Southwest United products
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering and manufacturing including communication techniques, production procedures, and resources relevant to the production products
• Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership and teaming; and production methods.
• Familiar with lean manufacturing work area practices including 6-S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, work center metrics, and continuous improvement processes and able to instruct others in these practices
• Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
• Consider costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
• Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
• Able to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Employee engagement
- CI thinking
This requisition is closed to applications.