Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Avibank Manufacturing, Inc., a PCC Company, apart of the Engineered Products Group, is among the world's leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices, solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
We have integrated teams working together to respond to customers needs from conception to development to product integration. Avibank is dedicated to continuous process improvement within and outside the PCC Corporation. Avibank and the PCC organization build customer alliances upon the highest ethical standards.
Avibank is a major supplier to commercial airlines with Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) from the FAA. We supply products used in a variety of applications in a diverse range of industries including aircraft, aerospace, automotive, marine, communications, railway, computers, medical equipment, and many others.
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Champion of safety and compliance throughout organization.
- Drive results for plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including safety, quality, cost, delivery, sales, compliance, product development, new product introduction, communications, employee development, etc.
- Own plant P&L, budgets, forecasts and development and implementation of strategy.
- Develop and execute short-and long-term business plans and strategies designed to assure the growth of revenue, profit and cash flow.
- Drives daily performance and high impact projects that meet or exceed Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost performance objectives. When misses occur, develops a credible recovery plan with the team.
- Provide leadership on major issues facing the organization, working collectively with managers and employees, and understanding all aspects of the business.
- Drive product line growth—volume, share, and new customers.
- Ensure the facilities annual sales revenue and profitability goals for are met.
- Responsible for customer metrics for represented products.
- Responsible for: developing people; process improvement; cost controls, quality monitoring and improvements; new product development and implementation; and customer service optimization.
- Briefs and communicates with customers, suppliers and corporate executives with high intensity and professionalism.
- Builds, develops and manages manufacturing leadership team capable of carrying out needed manufacturing strategies and improving employee relations.
- Establishes strong relationships with management team (EHS, Engineering, Sales, Quality, Finance, HR, etc.) to ensure alignment of company objectives and effective cross-functional processes.
- Develops others (performance management, rewards and selection process); and creates an energizing work environment that supports the Company’s high-performance culture while ensuring an efficient and flexible organization.
- Leads monthly and quarterly business review with the Group Vice President, Division President and CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business or an engineering discipline. MS or MBA degree is highly desirable
- More than 10 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience and responsibility.
- Experience leading people and obtaining results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of driving results in a Machining environment.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
- Retains full P&L Responsibility for the facility.
- Ability to apply lean manufacturing methodology, TOC, and problem-solving skills to drive the business improvements in a metric-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic plan to meet key business objectives/metrics in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, relentlessly execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Must be computer literate, particularly in spreadsheet; financial; inventory and production planning and tracking applications.
- Proven ability to lead large organization in a fast-paced short cycle manufacturing environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply budgeting processes and financial management tools
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Proven leadership in Fasteners, Aerospace, or Automotive type Industry
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.