CNC Manufacturing Supervisor
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to counsel and motivate team members.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to lead by example
- Coordinate and provide technical, quality and production leadership to assigned team to meet quality, schedule and cost goals
- Provide ongoing support in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
- Support Team Leaders with decision making in areas of process improvement and/or production to make appropriate resource decisions (manpower, machines, methods) to facilitate the flow of hardware through the manufacturing process
- Support process improvement initiatives to reduce cycle time, improve inventory turns and reduce manufacturing losses
- Direct the activities of an hourly team within the department and participate in department activities to meet identified goals
- Perform administrative duties to support the business, including timecards, labor vouchers, self-audits, absence reviews, and missing time corrections, etc.
- Coordinate all first line activities (i.e. Methods, Production Control) to assure the meeting of production schedules and customer satisfaction, cost goals, and maintaining the highest standards of quality
- Coach and counsel team members regarding individual performance and development needs
- Practice sound human relations and communications skills in order to motivate the work force
- Review production orders and ensure production schedules are being met
- Analyze and diagnose machine and tooling problems and takes corrective measures to minimize downtime and interruption of schedules
- Achieve highest safety levels in the plant
- Experience with implementing lean manufacturing improvements
- Employ Six Sigma rigors to all functions within the department
- Mentor and motivate team in safety, quality and productivity improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university or college preferred.
Minimum five (5) years of work experience as a CNC Machine Shop Supervisor / Manager required.
Prior supervisory / leadership experience in a manufacturing environment; prior aerospace experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines and bring to successful completion.
- Strong team building / coaching skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations and practices.
Six Sigma training is preferred
- Strong propensity for excelling in a demanding environment
- Must be able to support a 24/7 operation
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.