Working Production Supervisor - Mentor, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Provide supervision and coaching to assigned employees to achieve the required quality and production goals.
- Meet the specific requirements of the efficiency standard as established by Engineering.
- Manage and schedule the movement of product through the production area.
- Know where Product is in the process at all times to organize work for smooth operations.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures and engineering procedures are current, accurate and that all work is done in compliance to ensure maximum quality.
- Monitor the Operations safety program and insure that all employees comply with safety regulations.
- Ensure that the Operations departments’ high standard of housekeeping is met.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all production processes and materials.
- Work with employees to resolve technical and personnel problems.
- Trouble shoots and provides cost effective resolutions to production problems.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Area Manager.
- Responsible for the safe manufacture of castings while meeting all manufacturing requirements.
- Supervise multiple functions and/or shifts typically but not exclusively through shift/department leads.
- Responsible for satisfying all quality and productivity requirements in most cost effective manner.
- Provide the shift to shift communication needed to keep all team members working toward the same goals.
- Schedule employees to effectively meet production needs.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; job experience may be considered in the absence of a diploma
- 1 to 3+ years of industrial leadership experience. Experience in Ceramics (Dip, Clean & Cap) manufacturing is highly preferred
- Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with a strong attendance record.
- A strong sense of urgency with the ability to work independently.
- Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/quantity and financial requirements of the area.
- Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving.
This requisition is closed to applications.