Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Reviews castings and reviews inspection paperwork.
- Makes decisions on reworking or scraping parts, based on program standards, costs and repair feasibility; estimates time needed for repairs and yield on lots needing repairs.
- Evaluates rework options and determines repair methods.
- Coordinates repair decisions with supervisor and engineering as needed.
- May be required to handle hazardous waste.
- Takes part in and oversees routing of castings to grinders and/or welders.
- Prepares paperwork for scraping castings, with approval of engineering.
- Enters routing/analysis information in computer or manual system.
- Completes paperwork or checklist review before routing parts to shipping.
- Reviews routing of parts by inspectors.
- Provides feedback to supervisor, inspectors, grinders and welders on work quality, techniques and related information.
- Assures completion of required audits.
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operates all equipment and tools.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- Training is provided on the job.
- Rework Analyst Course.
- Visual Dimensional, Penetrant, Radiography and NDT Courses and certification as directed.
- May be required to complete Hazardous Waste Management Training.
- Advanced Rework Grinder skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of Rework Grinder A and Rework Inspection duties, and completion of the Rework Analyst Course are preferred.
- An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
- Working knowledge of casting parts and inspection criteria.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards, blueprints, and drawings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide working supervision and work direction.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to one hundred pounds.
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
This requisition is closed to applications.