Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
The Material Handler is usually forklift certified by site trainers, and may be required to lift up to 35lbs. Forklift duties may include loading/unloading semi-trucks, stocking raw materials, moving material to and from machines/operations. Other duties include picking and kitting materials, and supporting inventory audits. The Material Handler – Level 1 may also be responsible for handling the transport of revert, i.e. chips and drops. In order to maintain inventory and traceability, material lot information and transaction accuracy in the relevant ERP system, basic computer skills and knowledge of inventory processes may be required. Typically 0-1 years of experience.
- Safety operate forklift, cherry picker, or other powered industrial truck (PIT)
- Load and unload material
- Basic inventory management
- Move product between processes
- Prepare supplemental router paperwork
- Basic computer operation
- Basic interaction with ERP system
- Timely support for manufacturing/operations
- Perform daily forklift checkup
- Maintain area cleanliness and organization within 6S initiative
- Meet production goals, queue hours, etc.
- Visually inspect and verify product count
- Visually inspect and verify documentation
- Observe all safety policies and procedures
- Observe all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to the Business Quality Management System (BQMS)
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0-1 years of experience
- Basic inventory management
- Basic computer skills, including ERP and Microsoft Office Suite
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn
- Familiar with general packing containers, materials, and practices
- Can work with multiple priorities and seeks supervisor's help when there are conflicts
- Able to be certified with and operate a fork lift and picker
- Maintain staging areas, packaging areas, and loading docks in a clean, orderly manner
- Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Willingness to learn and receive training
- Legible handwriting, literate in English