Desktop Support- Intern
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems with PCs, local printers, end-user connectivity, software and configuration, email, as well as other hardware and network issues.
- Ensures timely resolution/referral of user problems by understanding the impact to the user and by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution goal.
- Clearly communicates technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed.
- Performs Active Directory user account changes.
- Maintain Active Directory Computer environment.
- Proposes and implements hardware and software upgrades optimizing systems performance while remaining within budget.
- Helps install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards, switches, and VPN devices with the network team.
- Manages and updates an accurate IT equipment inventory.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for IT software, hardware, and network printers.
- Creates Purchase Requisitions and handles equipment receipt as needed.
- Track software license compliance and perform annual audits to confirm licensing compliance.
- Manage signoffs and software change requests in accordance with IT procedures and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Perform related work as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate must also portray a sincere desire to learn and broaden their knowledge base within IT thereby increasing their value to the company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks of this position.
- Work effectively in a Safety-minded industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ensure the security of all company assets, systems, and data.
- Understand business priorities, continuously reconsider the changing list of issues according to those priorities and communicate that list to management.
- Transition swiftly between those complex priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver effective technical customer support in person and over the phone.
- Support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed.
- Read, understand and apply complex technical information.
- Master new computer technology and its local applicability.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers, vendors and the team.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
The candidate must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 35 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, walking or climbing a ladder.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check including drug screen.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.