3rd shift CNC Lathe Machinist
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application, we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets.
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Shur-Lok manufactures fastening systems with superior locking devices for critical requirements including engine module assembly, structural assembly, rotor blade attachment, and aircraft engine shaft and spindle applications. Operations at the Irvine location include CNC Machining, CNC Waterjet Cutting, Laser Marking, Heat Treating, NDT, and EDM.
Building upon level one, with minimal assistance level two machinists operate 2-5 axis CNC/Automated machine cells as well as standalone machines, which requires basic machine setup including preparing and setting up fixtures and cutting tools, as well as loading and adjusting CNC programs and offsets. Level two machinist competencies include the ability to use more advanced quality inspection tools and techniques such as height and air gauges and bench inspection. The level two machinist will have basic competencies in print reading and common CNC G and M codes. May work in one of the three areas: CNC, Turning, or Screw Machine. Typically 2-4 years of experience. (Gateway and secondary operations not necessarily CNC)
- Perform basic setup operations which includes setting up fixtures, cutting tools and CNC programs.
- Maintain product quality through monitoring and adjusting CNC offsets as needed.
- Perform inspection tasks of intermediate complexity interacting with drawings and more advanced inspection tools.
- Meets production demands
- Run production on multiple machines at once. (Primary & Secondary)
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Safely Load and unload product into a machine…
- Interpret and follow work orders/instructions
- Maintain traceability (Lot Numbers/Steel Dates
- Protect machines and machined product by following processes and procedures such as part loading, being in control of the machine, and safely transporting product over short distances.
- Perform and record in process inspection actions such as measuring and validating part features in light of customer supplied dimensional tolerances and specifications.
- Perform first article and buyoffInteract with production tracking tools such as E2 to charge time to job orders and claim parts at the end of the shift.
- Typically this position requires evidence of success in level one machining duties for at least one year prior to promotion or hire.
- 2-4 years of experience
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- The ability to identify and correctly load and secure fixtures with minimal assistance.
- A working knowledge of G and M codes applied in setting and adjusting offsets and interacting with CNC programs.
- A working knowledge of shop math including tool geometry, positive and negative numbers, as well as basic geometry.
- The ability to read basic prints and apply basic dimensional specifications to inspection processes.
- Must be available to work Sunday - Friday, 9:00PM - 5:30 AM.