Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Manages operational data and maintains data accuracy and integrity
• Reviews financial data regularly to ensure fairness and completeness of the data
• Evaluates internal controls, implements new controls as needed, and improves existing controls, putting in place new policies and procedures
• Reviews policies and processes, recommends modifications to existing policies and processes, and presents recommendations for new policies and processes.
• In support of the Controller, prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expense, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Works with Controller to manage the preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
• Oversees accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting functions.
• Directs month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities
• Reviews journal entries, account analyses, and account reconciliations at month-end for completeness and accuracy
• Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
• Maintains construction in progress detail with supporting documentation and works with management team to submit capital requests
• Acts as liaison for internal and external audits.
• Works with SOX Coordinator and Compliance Manager to ensure timely and accurate reporting
• Learns SOX Corporate requirements and maintains records to comply with said requirements
• Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Supports major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies by overseeing general accounting policies, processes and activities.
• Other duties as assigned
• CPA preferred, public accounting experience a plus.
• GAAP knowledge required
• Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge preferred
• Extensive experience with ERP systems and excel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Understanding of accounting and finance issues in a manufacturing environment • Strong background in product cost accounting/standard costs • Ability to analyze financial data, identify and explain variances to forecast, use the analysis to forecast going forward • Proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid problem solving skills • Track record of improving internal controls
This requisition is closed to applications.